Monday, August 30, 2010

new accounts.

I feel as if the start of this year is all about new things. New classes, new notebooks, new outlooks on life (or attempts to look at life differently), new goals, new routines, new fwiends etc. It's my senior year and i've been told by past graduates that your school e-mail account expires once you graduate unless you continue your graduate studies at the same institution. another thing to point out, my advertising classes are really emphasizing social media and how sites of the kind are being used to market products and services to its consumers...

Therefore, I have decided to do the unthinkable...get a twitter. Yeah, after so many times trash-talking the site for its "status-like" attributes, I have begun to follow people, be followed, attempt to retweet tweets from others, and stay in "the know." Plus, i feel as if this is a great opportunity to do some added research for major ad projects i have this fall. Damn, i'm goooood. Other accounts I've started are a g-mail account - going back to the whole school e-mail expiring. I need an e-mail address that employers can contact me at...because I feel as if they see my old AOL e-mail address they wouldn't hire me (oxymoron-related screen names about my chest are not appropriate for finding a job, kids).

And another account would be this one ! My whole reasoning behind starting a blog is to reflect on how i was feeling about things on my mind and recording them in special place on the Internet for all to see, which reminds me that I have to fix my privacy settings on here. I wanna look back on my final year of college and look at the ridiculous shit i wrote about things that annoy, people who annoy me, things about myself that annoy other people, and random shiz on my mind. Kinda like a diary of sorts. But this one i hope to update regularly throughout the year.

***Side note: the whole time I was writing this post, the same kid walked through the student union about 3 times, and constantly just kept coughing. Like really loud. Everytime he walked past the desk, he was coughing. Get a fucking cough drop, bro. That's all :) ***

Follow me on twitter!! http://twitter.com/Jules_allen

No comments:

Post a Comment