Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Senior Sulk.

Of course after going to college for 3 years and doing what college kids do (i.e. joining clubs, making friends, binge drinking, discovering who you are, figuring out what you want to do or not do afterwards, stressing about not finding a job, more binge drinking etc.), I finally realize, "Shit. It's my last year of college. ever." Like holy crap after this year, I can't consider myself part of that collegiate crowd that goes to classes, hangs out on campus, has meetings to rush to, and a free gym to work out in. After this year, I have to start paying off student loans, finding a job to pay them off, pay back my parents for anything I owed them while I was a student, get a GMail account (because your school e-mail account expires once you graduate...boo), buy "corporate clothes", and worst of all...GROW UP.

I remember hearing that term all the time when I was young(er) and ignorant to the worries life throws at us. But I never really thought time would go by faster than coffee through my digestive system. It sucks to grow up. And worry...about...everythinggggg. Woof.

So this final year, the capstone to my college experience has to be, as most college seniors put it, "Fucking epic beyond belief...the greatest year of our lives." Like really? I'm not a football star that does keg stands. Shut the fuck up.

But it all seriousness, I do hope that my senior year will a memorable one and I'm sure it will. Minus the nights I plan to not remember my name or what I ate in a drunken slumber (Hey, you can't say you've gone to college and didn't get drunk at least once, right?).

As my Interactive Advertising professor put it, "It's gonna be a good time, not a long one," so in order for me to say I did have an "epic" senior year, I might as well take advantage of the opportunities that come my way. And hopefully avoid heaps of drama because who wants to deal with catty bitch fights that remind us of high school. Not me, son.

No comments:

Post a Comment