Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The night after the first.

Yeah, the title of this speaks of absolutely no hook up after class whatsoever. Puh! I wish. But i'm talking about one of the many night classes I'm taking this semester.

Last night's night class was frickin' awwwwwwesome! I didn't think Interactive Advertising would sound so cool. It's making me enjoy my major even more despite the doubts I have about getting a job in the industry after college (although I'm sure there will be some open position in on campus for the PR department...Christ). I wasn't sure about who would be teaching the class since our schedule wasn't finalized until right before classes start. Don't you just love when your schedule says "Staff" as the professor of a course? It reminds me of that Stride Mystery Gum. You have a feeling it's one flavor/professor but it also could be some different flavor/professor. It's literally a mystery until right before the class...then BOOM! you know what professor it is. Sadly, you can't really say the same revelation happens with Stride Mystery Gum.

Anywho, the adjunct, who never taught a class before, seems really cool thus far. She's a laid successful chick with her own company and she seems to have all these awesome perks that go along with her job. One perk in particular involved one of those Black American Express cards...made of fucking TITANIUM! Like really? You could kill someone with this fucking thing that has no spending limit. Woof. She passed it around like a goddamn pet rabbit that the whole class could pet and love. But this rabbit could no longer be used because she cancelled the account. Still, it was pretty awesome to see this thinger and to know that credit cards made of titanium exist.

But tonight's night class I thought would be cool - because my friends who took this class in the past said: it was an easy A and the professor was cool. I knew some acquaintances in the class and a shit ton of athletes were in there as well...athletes are one of the groups on campus who can register for classes early...I guess i can consider that a perk for myself :) The class was Exercise Science and it was a required science course for all students to take. It was part of the curriculum for STL classes: Science, Technology, & Literacy...it's basically science for kids who don't like science. And many of us athletes like to be as stress-free as possible so we opt for STL (or what I like to call ST(H)ell).

As more athletes come rolling through the class, I see my old roommate...who I don't necessarily like to smile to when I see her. In fact, I don't smile at her whenever I do see her. I don't even wanna fucking see her! Woof. Of course, we kinda make that slight acknowledgment of each other and I'm pretty sure I heard her Beowulf-like stature mumble something under her breath but who knows...maybe she was just growling or something.

I'm not one to shit on people on public forums and use their real names so I'll call this person...Chalk. I think it's safe to say that Chalk and I have this mutual distaste for each other that has stemmed since freshmen year. We kinda didn't see each other after that and if we did, we ignored each other. I didn't have a class with her since freshmen year and didn't see much of her unless it was at a pep rally or once in a blue moon on campus which was rare. So, with the gods being so generous to me, they sent me the gift of reuniting with this beast my final year of college. Awesome. A new cell phone or laptop would've been better considering that both things were falling apart. My life is awesome. Psh.

No comments:

Post a Comment