Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The day after the first

Thus far, senior year is going by swimmingly. Then again, the first week of classes is easy as pie, considering the only "assignments" we're getting is soaking in the policies and ground rules for each class syllabus we receive from professors. Yes, I know the policy on attendance and that there are no makeup exams and that punctuality is key to being successful in this or that industry. I know where to find the ISBN code to over-priced text books and to not buy them from the campus bookstore who charges well-over the retail price...S my D! I'm sure I won't even open those books more than five times or until midterms and finals start. Woof.

I'm starting to look at class more laid-back(ly) as compared to previous years (especially when I was a froshpie scaredy cat) where I would show up with all the necessary books, notebooks, a folder, 12-inch ruler, a calculator, post-it notes, an assignment book, my schedule, a highlighter, 3 pens, and a couple of lead pencils (0.7 mm #2 lead). Nowadays, I show up with a leather messenger bag with the following essentials: a notebook, a pencil, a pen, chapstick, a magazine (for those boring lecture), my cell phone (to text people during boring lectures and where to meet up for noms aka foodie), my ipod (so I can avoid speaking to anyone on my way to class), and a bottle of water. Gum too. The minty kind. Oh, and my schedule of course. I'm a senior now and it would be really dumb if I still didn't know where McSpedon was or how to get to the ground floor of Murphy (there's a different way you have to go, you know).

I must remind myself that this is only the first week of classes. I'm sure I'll be bringing more than just the items mentioned above. My schedule this fall is...different. I have one class on Mondays (in the morning). Two classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (one in the morning and one at night...leaving me with a large gap in between being used for working on campus and going to crew practices before my night class). And no classes on Fridays (sa-weeeeeeet!). To me, it seems like a pretty do-able schedule but as stated before, the first week is the easiest week. I need to get into a sort of routine that also involves a designated time to de-stress and get some ever-flowing endorphines running through my brain via a run on the treadmill or sweating all over an eliptical...God, I'm messy. And mind you, I hate rushing. I need to give myself ample leverage time in between my daily doings or else I'll get flustered like a hungry penguin waddling around for food and smacking people with my wings. Come to think of it, I already do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment