Thursday, December 8, 2011

Young Empires

I feel dumbfounded that I hadn't heard this band before. They are so good and I think I've found my new obsession. Well, not quite - I still lurve me some avocados. Anywho, Young Empire (hot name too) is a Toronto-based trio with an funky, electro, cow-bell influenced rock sound resembling Franz Ferdinand and Two Door Cinema Club (then again, they did a great cover "What You Know").

Right now, they're in beautiful Paris, France performing shows (lame, I want you here now!). Their full-length album Wake All My Mouth releases on the 31st of January in the new year! So keep an eye out for it. Their homepage also reminds me of Urban Outfitters. Their sound definitely deserves to be played in there too bee tee dubs.

Some great tunes by them...

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment