Monday, December 12, 2011

Quit your bitchin!

...and get me a samich!

But no, really, we need to stop complaining about shit. Of course, I'm one of the most guilty culprits of complaining about things. "Wahh, why me?! Wahh, WTF, this is horseshit I always get the short end of the stick, why can't I have this or that. It's not fair! I'm gonna eat guac - I'm not hungry but I'm gonna make it and be emotional and eat it all by myself...huff!"

Why do I feel compelled to blog about something that I, along with you, do on a regular basis? Because I read it on fucking Thought Catalog! (Dun dun dun). Ryan O'Connell wrote another awesome article that is the epitome of the twentysomethings of today.

I must say I'm guilty of a few things on that list, especially #3. But who isn't/wasn't?! C'mon, we live in a world of instant gratification and I think the fact that people communicate via text more so than actually having decent conversations over the phone. This makes it a lot more difficult to really commit to a lasting or somewhat lengthy relationship without having someone jump to conclusions or foam at the mouth when someone responds with a text that says, "I'm fine" (you probably read that in at least 15.875 different ways because that's what we do with texts. You also asked your closest girlfriends what that means because you're not "smart" enough to understand who you're talking to so you ask others because they apparently got PhDs in Textology Sciences).

I'm just saying.

But maybe with the new year approaching, we could probably work on a few things and try to go out with our fwiendz without crying at a bar because someone screened our phonecalls. We're all fragile creatures...so someone please pass me the super glue. Kthanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment