Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I feel so close to you right now, it's a forcefield.

I've come to the conclusion that whatever crabby mood I find myself in, I just put on some Calvin Harris and he makes things all better. Well, not all things considering he won't make me feel any better about my credit card debt, my job, and the fact that I'm single and meet weird people off the Internet. But his upbeat tunes make me smile and feel a little better than how I was feeling. His music videos are so awesome to watch. They kind of remind me of Miami Horror in the sense of being story-telling.

Feel So Close

This young Scot who was born Adam Richard Wiles worked on this "humanthesizer: back in 2009 and it amazingly creates synthesized beats with the help of some techy paint and...bodies. So cool, must watch. I need that paint asap!

Humanthesizer

I've also come to the conclusion that I have a favorite genre of music rather than simply saying "I listen to everything", which is starting to be overused by basically all of mankind because they wish their pet iPods were like my pet iPod Kramer. If I haven't gone over this already, his name is an anagram for the word "marker." Why I decided on this? No clue. But I'd consider my favorite genres of music to be Electropop/Synthrock and Indie Pop/Rock. Examples: Empire of the Sun, Dragonette, Ladyhawke, The xx, Discovery, The Knife, Lykke Li, Passion Pit, Phoenix, The Temper Trap, Vampire Weekend, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, among others. Whew! I lurve me some music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment