Saturday, May 18, 2013

Ate it

Not exactly an attack from a weed-wacker, but I fell and ate face on my run this morning. Nothing to blame but my clumsy feet on uneven pavement. I ran past a girl walking and not even a full mile into my run, I trip and try to catch myself but just ended up scraping my knees pretty badly. I got up really fast so no one would see my epic fail. I didn't turn around to see if the girl noticed. 

When I got up, I remember feeling really disappointed because I wanted to get a good run in and eventually get a manicure/pedicure after the long week I've had. For a moment after, I thought about finishing my run - a huge scrape isn't that bad, I thought. But then I saw blood running down my legs. I knew that if I continued on my run, people would wonder why a girl is running around New Rochelle covered in blood so I went home. I walked on a side street for a while so no one could see me tear up. I never fell running before and I haven't gotten scraped knees like this since I was younger and learning how to bike and roller blade. 

When I got home, I cleaned the dirt out of the wounds and put antibiotic cream on them and dressed them with band aids. I was looking down at my right leg with the huge scrape covering my entire muscle and remembered that one time last summer when you told me you lost control of your uncle's weed-wacker. I remember the picture you sent me of your leg and seeing how similar it looked to my huge scrape now. I kinda stopped what I was doing and almost teared up again from just being reminiscent. 




1 comment: